What is the difference between Hemp and Marijuana CBD?
CBD Oil from Hemp:
- Hemp naturally contains a higher CBD to THC ratio than cannabis, with almost negligible (>.3%) amounts of THC.
- It is legal in all 50 states
- Plant grows tall (two to four meters) with minimal flowers
- It is usually grown outdoors
- Although it has a naturally higher CBD to THC ratio than cannabis, overall levels of cannabinoids and terpenes are much lower in hemp.
CBD Oil from Marijuana
- Higher risk of THC content
- More diversity in cannabinoid and terpene profiles
- Plants are small and bushy, with more flowers
- It is usually grown indoors
- It is not legal in all 50 states (may require a prescription)
- Cannabinoid profile supports ‘entourage effect’ more than hemp CBD oil